Online PTSD Prevention Lecture - Video
90 minutes that can change your life...
Mental health care is something we have been hearing more often in EMS, Fire and Health Care. This has been growing in response to the amount of people affected in this line of work. We are seeing more and more depression, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, excess eating, PTSD and even suicides.
FireResuce1 recently shared a story where it talked about this, “More firefighters and police died by suicide than in the line of duty in 2017”.
EMS, Fire and Health Care are very stressful lines of work, and if we don’t start changing how we see ourselves or how we deal with our emotions, we are doomed.
From EASPA’S Foundation, a non profit organization in Argentina, we have also been working on PTSD for some years now. We are an emergency care training facility.
For several years we have noticed that it was great working on PTSD, but we started thinking if there could be another way, a way of preventing it.
We started doing a lot of research on this. For the past 8 years we have been looking for other tools to help people with PTSD.
If 50 years ago, somebody came over and told us that a heart problems could be prevented, we would have just denied it. Today we know we can work on the diet, reducing stress, do exercise, etc, and that helps reduce heart problems. We cannot eradicate heart problems, but we can reduce them by focusing on the risk factors.
In the past 3 years, together with a multidisciplinary team of health care personnel, psychologists and therapists, we have been working on identifying the most important risk factors that lead to PTSD.
We started looking more into the Humanistic Psychology. It was when we focused on the risk factors that lead to depression, addiction, PTSD and suicide, where we realized that we were doing things the wrong way.
We found that since we were small kids, up to when we finish our EMS, Fire or Health Care career, we are taught many things that fast track us to depression, addiction, PTSD and suicide.
We offer these lectures in English and in Spanish.
These lectures have been offered in:
- EMS world Americas, Colombia - September 2017
- Northville, Michigan USA - Junio 2018
- Aeropuerto de Osorno, Chile - July 2018
- Bomberos de Puerto Montt - July 2018
- VI Expo Congreso Bomberos, Saltillo, Mexico - July 2018
- Reserva San Lorenzo, Saltillo, Mexico - July 2018
- Municipio de Escobar, Buenos Aires, Argentina - September 2018.
- EMS world Americas, Queretaro, Mexico - September 2018.
Possible dates 2018/2019:
- Osorno, Chile 2018. Seminar 6hs.
- December Bs As, Argentina 2018. Seminar 6hs.
- March Quito, Ecuador 2019.
- March Guayaquil, Ecuador 2019. Seminar 6hs.
- Guatemala 2019. Seminar 6hs.
- USA 2019. Seminar 90' and 6hs.
We want to thank our sponsors for their support:
- Statpacks. Within the USA, they develop amongst the best backpacks and bags.
- Active 911 Iberoamérica. Within the USA, EMS and Fire dispatch system.
- Plus Care Ambulancias. Within Mexico, they offer National and International Air Ambulance service.
- iSimulate. Within the USA, they offer the best training monitor / defibrillators.
All this material is protected by Copyright laws and cannot be used. It has been registered in several countries.
This one hour and a half lecture, offers a brand new perspective on we should see ourselves in the line of work of Health Care, EMS, or Fire.
We will share the different things we have learnt since we were kids and during our education in our line of work, that can lead us to addictions, depression, PTSD and suicide.
We will share some tools that will help you deal better with those high stressful situations.
We recommend you take notes during the lecture.
Why do we ask for contributions? We are a non profit organization, and our fundings are very limited.
The money contributed, is used to keep working on the prevention of PTSD.
Your contribution makes a difference and will help many others.
This contribution will give you access to the video for 5 days. After that time frame, you won't have any more access. No exceptions. It's like a rental.
Information to see the lecture online:
Step 1 - To sign up, you have to fill out the form found underneath and then proceed to pay.
Step 2 - After filling out the form, you can go ahead and make the contribution.
Once the form is completed and sent, and the payment confirmed, we will send you the information to login our website to be able to see the video. Remember that you will have 5 days to watch the video, after that you won't be able too.